Monday, June 10, 2013

Hot

I am one of those people who would much rather be hot than cold.
There's no use arguing with me on the whole "but you can always put on more clothes" debate.
That doesn't make a difference to me.
This is me in the winter...minus the
 crying face, and with lots of blankets.

It doesn't matter how many clothes I layer on...once I'm cold, I'm cold.
It's gonna take more than a few layers of clothes to get me warmed up.
The only time I have an exception to this preference is at night.
At night I can pile on blankets like there's no tomorrow.
And cuddle up into a ball so tight you could slam dunk me.
Okay...dumb comparison. But you get the idea.
I absolutely cannot sleep when I'm hot.
It just doesn't happen.
And it generally
 hasn't been a huge issue in my life.
Summers in Idaho are perfect...nice and hot during the day, and cool and breezy at night.
So usually as long as I sleep with my window open, it's just...perfect.
Well....that is not the case here in Salt Lake.
I have had several restless nights due to the heat.

This is me now. Dying.

Already.
And it's only the beginning of June.
I'm very concerned.
I sleep with the window wide open.
And my fan on high.
No blankets.
Only in my skivves (TMI? Sorry).
And I'm still sweating.
Last night was the last straw.
I'm exhausted.

And this is how ecstatic I will be once I get
air conditioning.

I'm now shopping on KSL and Craigslist for window air conditioners.
However, if anyone knows anyone getting rid of one, let me know!
I'm hoping to get one today.
I get off work at 7:00.
I will get a good night's sleep tonight.





UPDATE: I did get an awesome air conditioner that night! And when I had asked the lady selling it, she said it was super easy to install.....ha. I ended up just setting it on my sewing table next to the open window. It does work great...I just need to find someone to install it for me. The position for that "someone" is up for grabs.

UPDATED UPDATE (06/20/13): Last night I officially had my lovely AC installed. It was a lot more involved than I thought it would be...but it's working perfectly! I slept so good last night....life is looking mucho better :)

1 comment:

Joe & Laurin said...

Hahah I love everything about this post. Especially, the lil tid bit about your skivvies. I totally agree with you, sleeping hot is the worst thing ever. I really hope you find an air conditioner, you need a goodnights sleep!