Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Difference Between Girls and Boys

I recently went on a trip to Washington for a friend's wedding.    
 - congrats again, Cristian and Cortney! -
I'm no stranger to road trips for the sake of a friend getting married.
However, I usually share these adventures with my friends of the female type.
This trip was different.
This time I went with 3 of my guy friends.
It was still a blast.
But definitely different.
I said I was going to write up a list of the differences and similarities between traveling with guys vs. girls.
Well I am a woman of my word.
Enjoy.


- The Car Ride -
Girls: Sing loudly to a wide range of music--from Celine Dion to Backstreet Boys to Broadway musicals.
Guys: Drive. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
Girls: Stop to use the restroom every 2 hours.
Guys: Power through until the gas tank is empty.







- The Conversation -
Girls: Boys, hopes and dreams, frustrations, goals, periods, funny stories, sad stories, stories about animals...
Guys: New music they've discovered, places to eat, funny stories.


- The Photographs -
Girls: Take all kinds of ridiculous pictures....singing in the car, sleeping in the car, pictures of us with anything we deem slightly interesting, pictures of us making ridiculous faces when we're bored....
Guys: A good handful of the highlights from the trip.




- Getting Ready -
Girls: Fighting for mirror space, scheduling who will shower when, setting off breakers from all the blow-dryers, curling irons, and straighteners. Usually running behind.
Guys: Take longer to get ready than I expected. Therefore also tend to run behind.


- The Food -
Girls: Junk food. Fast food. Whatever is cheap and tasty.
Guys: More health conscious than I expected! Although still had their fair share of junk/fast food.





- The Entertainment Factor -
Girls: We are all freaking hilarious.
Guys: We are all freaking hilarious.




- The Dance Moves -
Girls: Awesome (and totally ridiculous) when we dance together. Try to avoid catching the eye of strange men.
Guys: So fun to dance with! Much better than avoiding "slow songs". Although not quite as awesome at the ridiculous dance moves.



- The Mugging Situation -
Girls: Get robbed at gunpoint.
Guys: So far, so good.




All in all, I had a good time! I would do it again :)








Yes, I know Sarah and Hannah will hate me for posting these....but I just couldn't resist :)

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Awesome. So when are you creating a dance featuring these awesome and totally ridiculous dances? Must see...

Anonymous said...

Meggie...have I told you how much I love you? Because I do:) did you seriously get robbed???

said...

Haha, Jackie...I'll let you know :)
Elsha, I just love you! Annnnd yes, I did get robbed....I actually posted about it back in October! Kinda crazy, right?