Monday, March 14, 2011

EXTRAVADANCE - A Greater Love

What an incredible experience this year's show has been.
It's a pretty stark contrast from last year's.
Last year's was pure entertainment--Broadway!
This year's is a more spiritual experience--Love.
I have learned so much from being a part of this team, and dancing to this theme.
I consider myself incredibly blessed.

Of course we love to take pictures...even when we should be warming up :)

We kind of look like "more bars in more places"...in our Opener costumes

"Appertaining Rage"...our totally legitimate hip hop!

We like to work our abs....we're pretty tough.

Lauren is a ninja and Bethani is a model.
This is the girl's "dressing room" backstage.
We get to hang all of our costumes on a big, long, metal bar.
This creates a kind of "wall" that we hide behind to change...usually.
We wear leotards, so we're not completely naked.
And we're dancers.
We have no personal boundaries.
There is no such thing as "awkward" or "uncomfortable".
I love it :)

I really love Lauren!

In one of our dances, a couple looks through a book while people dance behind them.
So we decided they needed something actually interesting to look at.
We drew them pictures :)

Did I mention that I really love Lauren? :)

I also really love this Laurin :)

This is Elizabeth...she is another favorite of mine.
I sure wish she wasn't graduating this semester :(

I am so grateful for everyone who came to this show.
I got to do a solo on Saturday night, and I had a great group of "fans" to support me.
My family was able to make it for the show, which meant so much to me.
I think I cried just about every night we ran the show...in a good way.
I hope everyone else was able to have such an emotional experience.
I have grown so much from this team and this show.
I was meant to do this.
I was meant to dance.
And I don't plan on ever stopping :)

1 comment:

LeeAnn Turner said...

Love you so much Megan...be happy always!