Saturday, May 1, 2010

New semester!


So this is my first semester being on Fast Grad. Usually I'm off track in the summer, so this is different! My classes are all pretty good so far. I'm only taking two dance classes, but they are so much fun! I'm taking a ballroom class, which is way different from anything I've ever done before! I've never partner danced, so it's really difficult for me to learn how to follow. I also have to learn the boy's part, so that just adds to the difficulty. But, it's dance, and I'm willing to work at it :) The other dance class I'm taking is clogging, which is by far my favorite class! I've never clogged before, which just seems to be a shame. It's incredibly addicting, and it's a crazy good workout! Since I sprained my ankle in September (and never really let it heal...), clogging has been making it hurt a bit more. And I get some pretty nasty shin splints. But let me just say that it is totally worth it. That's how cool clogging is :)


The search for the job is an ongoing, and so far unsuccessful, venture. I had a job interview at the end of last semester, and was given the job, but then I lost it because siblings can't work the same job on campus, and David was already working there. So now I have to try and find a different one. It's really hard at this point, because most people have already done they're hiring, but I'm being positive! There really is no other alternative, right? :)

Dance Alliance rehearsals have picked right back up! We started off with learning Hairspray, which is a way fun, high energy dance with all 36 of us in it. And now I'm learning a Fosse dance, which is so much fun! Fosse is a very stylized type of jazz dance. Some of the songs that we're doing it to is Bye Bye Blackbird, Hey Big Spender, and All That Jazz. For this dance we're wearing character shoes, which is really different for me. I've never danced in any sort of a heel before. I wore them today during rehearsal for two and half hours, and my feet were feeling it! It's definitely going to take some getting used to, but it'll be way fun :) I'm so blessed to be on such an amazing dance team!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay!! That made me soooo happy to see your updated blog! :) It's so nice to know how you're doing, in more detail. :) I love you sister!! :) You make my heart smile! :) Keep up the great work in everything you're doing! :)